Friday, October 6, 2017

Dr. Denis L. Gonyon Jr., MD Plastic Surgeon - Class of 1990

WELCOME TO BENZIE COUNTY CENTRAL SCHOOLS FEATURED FRIDAY ALUMNI. Today, we would like to recognize Benzie Central Alumni class of 1990, Denis L. Gonyon Jr., MD Plastic Surgeon.
I had the pleasure of speaking with Deb Reed, Denis's mom, and she shared that growing up, Denis always spoke about becoming a lawyer or doctor. Proud mom stated, with an infectious smile, that Denis, whom grew up in Honor, Michigan, has always been humble and kind and has never forgotten where he came from.
Dr. Gonyon shares this on his website, please take a moment to peruse. Denis, we are no doubt, #OneBENZIE proud!
"Growing up in Michigan I always knew I wanted to be a doctor. Then it became a matter of what kind of doctor I wanted to be. During medical school at the University of Michigan, after just one rotation in plastic surgery, I knew that was what I wanted to do. This decision led me to residency at Duke University. Six years later I had just completed one of the best reconstructive training programs, so I sought out the best cosmetic training, which landed me for an additional year in Dallas, Texas for a cosmetic fellowship. I am grateful today for the strength and determination I had to continue my education before starting my own practice. The additional skills and training I received continue to help me produce the results my patients are seeking."

http://www.drgonyon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment